Friday, March 23, 2012

oh so fowl!

This morning after work - I decided to head down to the lake, about a two minute drive from my house, and embraced my inner "old lady" and just hung out with the birds for a bit.

One of the symbols of Western Australia, is the black swan. They're beautiful. There's something almost magical about a black swan ... they seem so out of place ... for me at least, they have an air of mystery to them. But their beauty still matches that of their white cousins, with their long slender necks, and graceful movement in the water ... it's as if they know they are the prima ballerinas of the lake.

I wish that I was a better photographer so that I could capture it a little better.

Also below, I have a picture from the Frangipani tree in the front yard. I wish that I could explain to everyone how sweet they smell, they've been in bloom the whole time I've been here, and require little care. Sweet, sturdy, and dependable Frangipani ... I think I have a new favorite flower.






No comments:

Post a Comment