Thursday, November 3, 2011

Midnight Interview

After more "we regret to inform you that you did not make our short list" emails than I care to openly share ... I finally had an interview!

... at 12:10 am this morning.

There is a 15 hour time difference between Gilbert and Perth, so my 3 pm Thursday interview was really my midnight Wednesday interview.

Pros to my phone interview:
  • They originally called to schedule an interview, and I said that I would be unable to show up in person because I'm still in the States. To this they replied that that fact was unfortunate, and because I wasn't going to be in Perth until the 15th I would not be considered for the position, because they needed someone to start at an earlier date. Two days later they sent me an email asking me if I was available to be interviewed. Good thing? Bad thing? I guess time will tell ...
  • I got to dazzle them with my cute American accented voice! (frankly, I doubt I did much dazzling with my accent, but a girl can hope ... ;) )
  • And the greatest of all, I had a job interview, sitting cross legged in my room wearing my pjs ... SWEET!

Haha, the site I stole this from had written an article about
how it's actually a horrible idea to do an interview in your
pj's ... oh well, at least I was comfy! :)

They said that they would email me next week about whether or not I was a successful applicant. So to my dearest family and friends PUH-LEASE keep your fingers crossed for me. It's only a three month contract, but it's an awesome start, and would allow me to get my feet wet ... and earning money as soon as I get to Australia.

Five more days until I leave for Oz ... (yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment