Sunday, November 11, 2012

the CoLoRS of Life.

So it seems like I'm always up for a new change ... and since this year's change doesn't include a new culture ... how about a new hair color?

redheads always have more fun! ;)

But I'm not simply satisfied with change in hair color ... it's time for me to update my room a little bit. I still have posters and pictures up from high school, and until recently, I still had a calendar from 2003 still up! So, update needed? OH. YES.

I'm trying to add some style and maturity to my room ... help my room reflect where I'm at in my life. So I bought three blue tester paints for my room.

At certain angles it looks a little
like I painted a blue wedding cake
on my wall.
I had previously been all set with the bottom color (Gem Turquoise) but after sitting with it for several days I realized that I was disgusted with all three colors. So back to Home Depot to buy more sample paint ... and I decided that blue was out ... but eternally feminine and mature peach was in.

The top color block is "friendship" the
second color block is called "sun kissed peach"
the third, skinny color block is more friendship

Can't tell the difference between the colors? Think they look more pink than peach? Can't even really tell a whole lotta difference between the white and the "peach" ... ya, me too.

Back to the drawing board. At least by the time I'm done I'll have enough tester paint to start painting everything I own various ugly shades of blue and "peach".

The one thing I am sold on is filling my room with artwork. Wherever I've been allowed to "make my mark" somewhere I've had collage-y walls filled with things that insprire and move me ... and I thought for the adult updated version I'd do the same but but things in frames and nailing them in instead of using rolls of scotch tape.

Here's some artwork from a favorite artist of mine that I purchased from Etsy and framed myself (thanks dollar store and Ross!)


Oh the adventures of the unemployed!!

Am I happy to still be hitting the pavement? Nope. Not one little bit. Not working doesn't suit me. I like to complain about wanting more time when I'm working, but the reality?  If I'm not working I'm not really doing much of anything ... which turns me into crazy pajama lady who keeps driving to Home Depot lurking around the paint aisles.

No bueno.

Here's to hoping that I get a job quick so I get back to complaining about all of the AMAZING things I'd accomplish if I only I had the time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment